Police Reports

Do not use this page to report a crime. In case of emergency, call 911. To report a non-emergency please contact the 24/7 non-emergency dispatch number at 651-257-4100 or visit the Wyoming Police Department during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm.



How do I get a police report?

Wyoming Public Safety has 3 different ways to request a report.

  1. Fill out the online request found below.
  2. Fill out a Request for Information form and turn in to the Wyoming Public Safety Department during regular business hours. Monday to Friday   8:00am. – 4:00 pm. (You can also get a form to fill out at the department.)
  3. Fill out a Request for Information form and mail to PO Box 188, Wyoming, MN 55092


How long does it take to get a police report?

Reports will be fulfilled within 10 business days from the date the request is received by the Department Records Division.


What information do I need to give you to get a report?

One of the following must be provided:

  1. A Wyoming case number and the type of incident (reason the report was made).
  2. A specific Wyoming address and time period report would have been made.
  3. A full name, date of birth of someone involved and the time period the report would have been made.
  4. A combination of the options above.

*** The more information you provide the easier it will be for our records division to get the report to you. If you are unable to provide us with the information above, your request may not be completed. If we are unable to find the report with the information you provide we may contact you to request more information.***


Why can’t I get the information I want?

MN state statute defines Police Department information into 4 different categories. Those categories are: Public data, Private data, Nonpublic data or Confidential data. If the report you request is not considered public data, you may not be able to obtain a copy of the report. If this is the case, you will be informed by the Department.

Reports concerning juveniles, domestic assaults, sexual assaults, vulnerable adults and open criminal investigations are not considered public data and the department is required to withhold these reports as directed by Minnesota law.


Does it cost anything to get a report?

If the request is sent to you through email, there will be no charge. However, for paper copies or anything that would require a flash drive or similar; fees may apply.


Police Report Form

* - denotes required field