Thank you for considering employment with the City of Wyoming.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Building Inspector (Part-time)
Salary Range: $22.00 - $30.00 per hour, DOQ.
The City of Wyoming seeks applications for the position of Part-time Building Inspector. Responsibilities include application of ordinances and building codes, plan reviews, on-site inspections, and the issuance of building permits and certificates of occupancy. Assist the Building Official with Residential and Commercial inspections, record keeping and reporting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- State of Minnesota Building Official Limited Certification.
- Must have a least 1-3 years of experience in performing inspections and plan review.
- Must have a least four years of building trade experience in construction work.
- Must have demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with staff and the public.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to utilize word processing and database programs on a personal computer.
- Certified as a Building Official by the State of Minnesota.
- ICBO Certificate as a Building Inspector and/or Plans Examiner.
- Certified as a Subsurface Sewage Treatment System Inspector by the State of Minnesota.
- Five or more years of substantial experience in construction trades and/or inspections.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a completed City application packet to be eligible for this position. Application packets and the full job description are available at www.wyomingmn.org or at the City of Wyoming City Hall, 26885 Forest Boulevard, Wyoming, MN 55092. Packets will be accepted by mail or drop off only and must be received by 4:30pm March 2, 2018.Building Inspector SummaryBuilding Inspector - Part-time Job DescriptionEmployment Application