Absentee Ballot Voting
Minnesota Military or Overseas voters can vote AB online by clicking here.
Absentee Ballot Voting can be completed at:
313 N. Main St.
Center City, MN 55012
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (except holidays)
Absentee Ballot Application (paper form)
Online Application (through Secretary of State website)
Absentee ballots are available 45 days before an election. In 2016, ballots will be ready starting June 24 for the Primary Election (August 9); and September 23 for the General Election (November 8).
Voters in the military and citizens living outside the United States use a different process to vote absentee. Please visit the Military & Overseas Voter Services website.
Vote Absentee In Person
You can request, receive and cast an absentee ballot in one visit. Stop by the Chisago County Auditor's Office 45 days prior to an election and you may vote in person during the following times:
- Monday - Friday during normal business hours 8am - 4:30pm
- The Saturday prior to Election Day 10am - 3pm
- The Monday prior to Election Day 8am - 5pmIf you are not registered to vote, you will need to complete a voter registration form and show proof of residence before casting your ballot.
You must first apply for an absentee ballot. You may do so by either completing the online application or the paper application. The paper application will need to be printed, signed and returned to the Chisago County Auditor's Office by mail, fax or email. Election officials will mail the absentee ballot materials to you soon after receiving your application.
Once you receive your ballot in the mail, follow the instructions carefully. You will need a witness to sign the absentee ballot signature envelope to confirm your ballot was delivered blank and that you marked the ballot in private. The witness must be another registered Minnesota voter, or a notary from any state.
Return the ballot on or before Election Day. Delivery options are:
- Mail it in the provided pre-paid envelope. The ballot MUST arrive on or before Election Day.
- Deliver it in-person to the Chisago County Auditor's Office by 5pm the day before the Election.
- Have someone else return your ballot before 3pm on Election Day. This person cannot deliver more than three ballots.
- You may NOT hand deliver your own absentee ballot on Election Day.If you are not registered to vote, a voter registration application will be included in the mailed materials. You must show your witness an accepted proof of residence when registering.